HOW TO APPLY FOR A NIGERIAN PASSPORT :
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW INFORMATION:
***E-PASSPORTS CANNOT BE RENEWED OR EXTENDED, ONCE EXPIRED, YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR A NEW PASSPORT.
THE FEE FOR THE NIGERIAN E(ECOWAS) PASSPORT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
|Applicants||32 pages||64 pages|
|Minor(0 to 17 years old)||$77.00||$137.00|
|Adult (18 to 59 years old)||106.00||$137.00|
|Senior (60 and above)||$77.00||$137.00|
- Have a Credit Card ready or Purchase the amount of Post Office money order required.
- Go to our website https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport for the electronic application.
- Select Standard E-PASSPORT
- Select UNITED STATES as processing country and Atlanta, GA as Office of Application.
PLEASE READ IN FULL THE GUIDELINES REGARDING PAYMENT ON THE START APPLICATION FEES PAGE
- Click on “START APPLICATION’. Choose from GOOGLE or YAHOO and create an account or if you have one, SIGN IN.
- Complete the application online and print out a copy of the completed application before you submit for payment.
- Complete the application form – PRINT (2) copies – click submit
- On successful submission of your application, you will come to a page that will contain your reference ID which will also be emailed to you from the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) – Close the screen to proceed to payment or to input further applications (UP to 6 applications)
- Select method of payment (Money Order, Visa or American Express) and follow relevant steps.
Note: You may choose to exit the application to make payment at a later stage. To return, go to www.innovate1.com and sign in.
- Upon making your electronic payment or after having entered and submitted your (USPS) money order details, you will first be e-mailed an acknowledgement. Please allow 1-2 business days for receipt of a confirmation payment e-mail from Innovate 1 Services.
Note: Money orders should be purchased from the US Postal Service, this allows for immediate processing.
- To print out your receipt/acknowledgement slip, go to http://portal.immigration.gov.ng/visa/OnlineQueryStatus enter your application type, reference No., ID and click SEARCH RECORD
- THE PAYMENT CONFIRMATION SLIP WILL CONTAIN AN INTERVIEW DATE, EVERY APPLICANT MUST ATTEND AND BRING THIS DOCUMENT IN PERSON ON THE GIVEN INTERVIEW DATE BETWEEN 10a.m. – 3p.m. (Monday-Thursday) Please take note that no application will be accepted after 3 p.m.
Note: APPLICANTS MAY RESCHEDULE THE INTERVIEW DATE by sending an email to email@example.com
Note: ALL APPLICATIONS ARE VALID FOR A PERIOD OF ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF SUBMISSION ONCE THE TIME HAS LAPSED, APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO RE-APPLY AND MAKE ANOTHER PAYMENT.
DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION (PER APPLICANT) AT INTERVIEW:
(1) Passport Payment Slip
(2) Passport Acknowledgement Slip
(3) Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
(4) Expired Nigerian Passport (If not presented will be considered lost)and photocopy of passport data page (which clearly shows photograph, full name and date of birth)
(5) One copy of Passport photograph
(6) Every applicant must appear in person at the Consulate for finger and thumb printing necessary to produce the E-passport.
FOR MINORS (FIRST TIME APPLICANTS):
Note: THE E-PASSPORT DOES NOT ALLOW CHILD ENDORSEMENT, PARENTS SHOULD APPLY FOR INDIVIDUAL PASSPORT FOR EACH CHILD, THIS INCLUDES NEWLY BORN INFANTS.
- Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- Signed letter of authorization from BOTH PARENTS. – signatures should match the signatures on their respective passports and names should match those on the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of parents’ passports (Data Page)
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
Note: In case where only the mother appears on the birth certificate, She will have to present an affidavit from the court that she has full custody of the child/children
Note: In case both parent’s names are on the birth certificate but only one has full custody, a copy of a legal document should be provided to this effect.
ADULT (FIRST TIME APPLICANTS)
- Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- Non Nigerian born applicants must provide a copy of the Nigerian passport and letter of authorization from a Nigerian parent that appears on his/her birth certificate as right of citizenship.
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Applicants wishing to amend the details on their Nigerian passport should follow the same application process as when applying for the standard E-Passport for the first time.
- Depending on the reason(s) for amendment, copies of all legal documents should be submitted in addition to the usual application requirements.
- Lost or stolen passports attract a penalty fee and a police report must be obtained.
- To obtain the letter, applicants should come to the Consulate between 10am-2pm on business days and submit the following:
- 2 colored Passport size photographs (on white background)
- Applicants should provide a photocopy of the data page of the lost passport
- All available evidence of the lost or stolen passport and/or proof of citizenship (i.e. birth certificate)
- After obtaining the Police Report, applicants may then begin the passport application steps as detailed above (HOW TO APPLY)+
- Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- Police Report
- $370.00 US Postal money order or Certified Bank Cheque made payable to the Consulate of Nigeria, Atlanta, GA