HOW TO APPLY FOR A NIGERIAN PASSPORT :
PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW INFORMATION:
***E-PASSPORTS CANNOT BE RENEWED OR EXTENDED, ONCE EXPIRED, YOU HAVE TO APPLY FOR A NEW PASSPORT.
THE FEE FOR THE NIGERIAN E(ECOWAS) PASSPORT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
|Applicants||Shortfall of 32 pages||Apply for 64 pages|
|Minor(0 to 17 years old)||$77.00||$137.00|
|Adult (18 to 59 years old)||106.00||$137.00|
|Senior (60 and above)||$77.00||$137.00|
- Have a Credit Card ready or Purchase the amount of Post Office money order required.
- Go to our website https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport for the electronic application.
- Select Standard E-PASSPORT
- Select UNITED STATES as processing country and Atlanta, GA as Office of Application.
PLEASE READ IN FULL THE GUIDELINES REGARDING PAYMENT ON THE START APPLICATION PAGE
- Click on “START APPLICATION’. Choose from GOOGLE or YAHOO and create an account or if you have one, SIGN IN.
- Complete the application online and print out a copy of the completed application before you submit for payment.
- Complete the application for – PRINT (2) copies – click submit
- On successful submission of your application, you will come to a page that will contain your reference ID which will also be emailed to you from the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) – Close the screen to proceed to payment or to input further applications (UP to 6 applications)
- Select method of payment (Money Order, Visa or American Express) and follow relevant steps.
Note: You may choose to exit the application to make payment at a later stage. To return, go to www.innovate1.com and sign in.
- Upon making your electronic payment or after having entered and submitted your (USPS) money order details, you will first be e-mailed an acknowledgement. Please allow 1-2 business days for receipt of a confirmation payment e-mail from SW Global LLC.
Note: Money orders should be purchased from the US Postal Service, this allows for immediate processing.
- To print out your receipt/acknowledgement slip, go to http://portal.immigration.gov.ng/visa/OnlineQueryStatus enter your application type, reference No., ID and click SEARCH RECORD
- THE PAYMENT CONFIRMATION SLIP WILL CONTAIN AN INTERVIEW DATE, EVERY APPLICANT MUST ATTEND AND BRING THIS DOCUMENT IN PERSON ON THE GIVEN INTERVIEW DATE BETWEEN 10am – 1pm (Monday-Friday) Please take note that
Note: NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 3 PM
Note: APPLICANTS MAY RESCHEDULE THE INTERVIEW DATE Please call (770) 394-6261 FREE
Note: ALL APPLICATIONS ARE VALID FOR A PERIOD OF ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF SUBMISSION ONCE THE TIME HAS LAPSED, APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO RE-APPLY AND MAKE ANOTHER PAYMENT.
DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION (PER APPLICANT) AT INTERVIEW:
- (1) Passport Payment Slip
- (2) Passport Acknowledgement Slip
- (3) Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
- (4) Expired Nigerian Passport (If not presented will be considered lost)and photocopy of passport data page (which clearly shows photograph, full name and date of birth)
- (5) One copy of Passport photograph
- (6) Every applicant must appear in person at the Consulate for finger and thumb printing necessary to produce the E-passport.
FOR MINORS (First time Applicants):
Note: THE E-PASSPORT DOES NOT ALLOW CHILD ENDORSEMENT, PARENTS SHOULD APPLY FOR INDIVIDUAL PASSPORT FOR EACH CHILD, THIS INCLUDES NEWLY BORN INFANTS.
- Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- Signed letter of authorization from BOTH PARENTS. – signatures should match the signatures on their respective passports and names should match those on the child’s birth certificate
- Copy of parents’ passports (Data Page)
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
Note: In case where only the mother appears on the birth certificate, She will have to present an affidavit from the court that she has full custody of the child/children
Note: In case both parent’s names are on the birth certificate but only one has full custody, a copy of a legal document should be provided to this effect.
ADULT (FIRST TIME APPLICANT)
- Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- Non Nigerian born applicants must provide a copy of the Nigerian passport and letter of authorization from a Nigerian parent that appears on his/her birth certificate as right of citizenship.
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Applicants wishing to amend the details on their Nigerian passport should follow the same application process as when applying for the standard E-Passport for the first time.
- Depending on the reason(s) for amendment, copies of all legal documents should be submitted in addition to the usual application requirements.
- Lost or stolen passports attract a penalty fee and a police report must be obtained.
- To obtain the letter, applicants should come to the Consulate between 10am-2pm on business days and submit the following:
- 2 colored Passport size photographs (on white background)
- Applicants should provide a photocopy of the data page of the lost passport
- All available evidence of the lost or stolen passport and/or proof of citizenship (i.e. birth certificate)
- After obtaining the Police Report, applicants may then begin the passport application steps as detailed above (HOW TO APPLY)+
- Items 1-3 ABOVE +
- Police Report
- $370.00 US Postal money order or Certified Bank Cheque made payable to the Consulate of Nigeria, Atlanta, GA