772

1

President Goodluck Jonathan has assured Nigerians that the second Niger Bridge, which will ease the load on the Niger Bridge with traffic flow to and from Southsouth and Southeast zones, will be completed within the next 40 months. Jonathan went on inspection tour of the bridge construction site before visiting the Obi of Onitsha preparatory to his Anambra State presidential campaign rally on Saturday.

There have been criticisms over the slow pace of work on the bridge, with some persons saying that nothing was happening at the site. At a meeting with the traditional ruler of the commercial city of Onitsha, Obi Alfred Achebe, President Jonathan expressed satisfaction at the pace and quality of work done so far at the site of the construction as he first went on inspection tour before visiting the Obi of Onitsha.

President Jonathan was in Anambra State on Saturday for the presidential campaign rally. The Anambra State governor, Willie Obiano, alongside the Vice President, Namadi Sambo, the traditional ruler of Onitsha, Obi Alfred Achebe and other dignitaries were at the meeting that was held at the palace of the King.

After exchanging pleasantries with his hosts, the President narrated the event of his visit to the site of the second Niger Bridge construction and cleared rumours that nothing was going on at the site. He said that what he saw on ground had boosted his morale, expressing confidence that the bridge would be completed within the next 40 months.

In his explanation, he said out of the 130 billion Naira contract sum, 10 billion Naira had already been spent out of which 1.5 billion Naira was used to pay compensation for damages. According to him, work on the 10 kilometre road leading to the bridge head had reached 80 per cent completion.

In his speech, Governor Obiano assured the President that Anambra State would give him 100 per cent support for a resounding victory at the polls. The Obi of Onitsha used the opportunity presented by the meeting to bring the mind of the former Governor of Anambra, Mr Peter Obi together with that of the incumbent, Willie Obiano in a dramatic reunion.

After the meeting at the King’s palace, President Jonathan also met with political stakeholders in the state at the Onitsha Governor’s Lodge. He enjoined all candidates of various positions to conduct themselves with civility and enter the race with the spirit of sportsmanship.

President Jonathan later held a political campaign at the Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity Cathedral Field, Onitsha, where thousands of the Peoples Democratic Party supporters and other indigenes of the state had the opportunity to hear the President’s manifestos.

  1. This to inform that the federal Government has concluded all necessary arrangements for the issuance of the Nigerian Diaspora Bond In the International Capital Market. For more details Click Here
  2. The General Public is hereby notified that LYNXSYS: An IT Firm/Consultant with a web site domain name NIGERIANPASSPORTNOW.COM who purportedly acts and renders Consular, Visa, Payment Confirmation and Express Delivery services on behalf of the Consultant is a Hoax and should be avoided. 
  3. The Consulate wishes to categorically state, that it has nothing to do with the aforementioned business concern as it cannot guarantee its Authenticity. In this light, therefore whoever conducts business with it does as his own risk.
  4. OPENING OF A NIGERIA VISA SORTING AND CLEARANCE CENTER OPERATED BY OIS SERVICES ON BEHALF OF THE CONSULATE OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA. This is to inform the General Public that a visa collection and sorting center has been opened and is operated by OIS Services on behalf of the Consulate General of Nigeria.
  5. The office is located at: OIS SERVICES Suite 204, 918 Holcomb Bridge Road, Roswell, GA 30076 Tel. No.: +1 678 514 3263 Website:www.oisservices.com
  6. By this development, all submissions of visa applications and payments will henceforth be handled by aforementioned office, starting from Monday, May 16, 2016. Please note that, from the above stated date (May 16, 2016) the Consulate will cease to collect any visa applications and payments.