REGISTRATION OF NIGERIANS
The main purpose of the exercise is to register/count compatriots, their Associations, Businesses, and develop a database of Nigerians within its areas of jurisdiction, in the South East of the United States. The States include:
j. New Mexico
k. North Carolina
m. Puerto Rico
n. South Carolina
q. West Virginia
More importantly, have an accurate number of Nigerians for planning and service delivery. It’s also for use by the Federal and State Governments and the Organized Private Sector in Nigeria, who of late, continue to demonstrate keen interest in hiring Nigerian professionals and experts abroad for numerous positions and projects in the country.The Consulate would therefore appreciate it very much, if you could cooperate with it in this important endeavor that will surely move Nigeria and her nationals forward. If you are a Nigerian in the South East of the United States of America.
The Consulate aims to achieve, among others, the following objectives from this exercise:-
- Establish and effectively monitor the number and spread of Nigerians, to enable it to come to their aid, in the event of natural or man-made emergencies, as well as to ensure their minimum welfare;
- Issue Nigerian (Citizenship) identification card, which could, in the near future, become “Nigeria Identity Card Abroad (NICA)”;
- Unite Nigerians, Nigerian Associations, and Nigerian Businesses, to enhance their unity and cooperation, rather than competition, in their pursuit of the American dream;
- Establish the number, size/strength and spread of Nigerian Associations and Businesses;
- Support and channel contribution of Nigerian Associations and Businesses in the on-going developmental efforts in Nigeria; and in this connection, we encourage you to complete the online information here for Citizen and/or Organization.